In the last three years, TaxMasters
has accumulated 1,047 Better Business Bureau complaints. These complaints have mostly been about their poor service, but there are a considerable number of complaints about their billing and advertising practices. Much like JK Harris, TaxMasters
has suffered its share of lawsuits and Attorney General investigations. Texas, Minnesota, and Florida are currently looking into charges against TaxMasters
for the following complaints.
- Misleading clients on contract terms (including its no refund policy).
- Unauthorized credit card transactions.
- Unlawful collection practices.
- Misleading ads that greatly exaggerated Offer in Compromise success rates.
- Failure to deliver on promises or often start work on cases at all.
- Misrepresentation of the breadth of services offered.
- Charging for unnecessary services.
I wish I could say I was surprised by these reprehensible actions, but I’m not. JK Harris and Roni Deutch
did the same thing to clients. The only difference between those companies and TaxMasters is that TaxMasters
is still operating. Not only is TaxMasters
still scamming people every day, it just secured $25 million in financing
from an anonymous lender. So, expect to see more TaxMasters commercials
where Patrick Cox stands at an awkward angle and promises to settle your tax debt for “pennies on the dollar.”
Unfortunately, many people will fall for TaxMasters
’ promises. Their tax problems will grow worse, and they’ll have even less money to find a successful resolution. Spread the word! TaxMasters
is an F rated company that steals money from those already victimized by the IRS. It’s time to take down TaxMasters
like we took down JK Harris
and Roni Deutch!