I'm actually getting tired of writing about celebrities owing the IRS. I can't keep caught up. Inexplicably, the latest offender to enter my radar is Kelly Rowland.
She was a member of Destiny's Child, the top-selling girl group of all-time. You'd think she'd have the cash and the resources to pay the IRS...
The Background: As a member of Destiny's Child Kelly Rowland had a share of the profits from four studio albums that sold over 40 million records worldwide, another 50 million including their solo album sales before the group split up.
The Tax Debt: The Detroit News revealed Kelly Rowland owes the IRS $98,634 in back taxes, prompting the government to file a lien against her lavish oceanfront property in Miami, Florida.
The Irony: Kelly Rowland once portrayed a Motown Legend Martha Reeves, who also current has some Tax Scandals of her own to resolve.
The Moral: You know the deal by now, the IRS doesn't make exceptions. Rich or poor, famous or not, you have to pay your taxes or else.
More Celebrity Tax Debt:
-File Your Taxes You'll Get Caught Just Like Beanie Sigel
-Pay Your Taxes Don't End Up Like the Rich and the Careless
-Crocodile Dundee Owes Multi-Million Tax Debt, Crikey!
- Armed IRS agents seized assets from Young Buck
- Billionaire Red McCombs is still fighting the IRS
- Alicia Keys just married into a multi-million tax debt
- Comedian Chris Tucker forgot to give the IRS his cut
- Khloe Kardashian owes the IRS thousands
- Hip Hop Artist & Haitian Presidential Candidate Wyclef Jean owes the IRS $2.1 million
- One Thing Your and Naomi Campbell have in Common with the Tax Man
- Princess Bride's Cary Elwes Owes the IRS