Friday, November 5, 2010

What's the Craziest Thing You Ever Did to Save on Taxes?

It's confession time. I know from personal experience as a former IRS Revenue Officer that taxpayers do some incredibly crazy stunts to save money on taxes.


I've seen taxpayers:

- deduct children that don't exist
- claim pets as children
- claim other family member's children
- try to write-off personal vacations as business deductions
- try to justify every expense under the sun!
    This list could go on and on. I have several blog posts on the subject that cover the wacky things taxpayers attempt to get away with in detail:

    Strangest Tax Write Offs Ever

    Is Your Dog a Tax Write Off? Use Pet Tax Deductions and Reap Huge Savings

    Tax Fraud: Top 3 Ways You'll Go Straight to Jail

    What are some the craziest things you've done to reduce your tax bill?

    2 comments:

    Anonymous said...

    And what about adding some more pics? No offence, content is really great. But as I’ve heard visitors acquire information much more effective when they see some useful pics.

    Lenny Tayfon
    handheld cell phone jammer

    Anonymous said...

    I had my dad do my taxes, thinking he was trust worthy, but his numbers were way off. The problem wasn't too hard to fix but could have been avoided if I would have just carefully worked on the taxes on my own (or hired a professional tax preparer).




    Full Name*
    IRS Amount Owed*
    Primary Phone*
    --
    Please Describe Your IRS Tax Problem


    We Will Respond within 30 Minutes
    During Business Hours

    * By clicking the button above I agree to receive telemarketing calls made through automation software at the number(s) provided. In doing so I waive any participation in the DO NOT call list. I understand that consent is not a purchase agreement.