Rapper's Home Invaded By the IRS for his $300K Tax Debt

Recently, rapper David Darnell Brown, stage name "Young Buck", joined the long list of celebrities that owe tax debt. The morning of August 3, 2010 Young Buck's lavish home in Tennessee was raided by IRS agents. Their goal? To seize enough assets to settle his $300,000 tax debt!

Although Young Buck's legal team worked to file motions in court last month that would protect his property protected and out of the IRS's paws, the IRS agents moved in to seize belongings. The IRS agents seized recording equipment, computers, a PlayStation, furniture, jewelry, and even his platinum wall plaques.

"The worst part of this isn't the material stuff — that will all be replaced," Buck said in a statement. "It's what it does to the people around me. They took my kids' PlayStation, my assistants' computers, and my baby's mothers' jewelry. They took my home studio so I can't even record."

The problem here is obvious. The taxes needed to be paid first and foremost. Only then can Young Buck worry about buying jewelry for his "baby's mother" and multiple computers for his assistants (how many assistants does one person need, anyway?) Taxes were paid until it came to this point, now he has to pay the ultimate price and face the IRS.

“I have a new team in place, but I am also paying full attention now," the statement continued.
“Nothing like this will ever happen again. This is a huge wake-up call for all entertainers to stay on top of your own trusted employees and team members, and replace anyone that was put in place by your record label if the situation you have goes sour. This IRS situation came about because I trusted accountants, lawyers and managers to handle my business for me while I focused on making music.”

Many celebrities stay silent, but David "Young Buck" Darnell Brown spoke up and made it clear that you have to be careful who  you hire and stay on top of your finances. It's not overt, but he's taking responsibility and asking others to take his example as a warning call. 

Young buck is a platinum record seller (1,000,001 to 1,999,999 records sold), signed to G-Unit and later Cashville records.