This list is just the beginning... so many celebrities think they can get away with not paying the IRS. What makes them think they can get away with not paying the biggest collection agency in the world? We may never know, but these examples should be a lesson learned for the hundreds of taxpayers out there that owe the IRS or have yet to file their taxes. If Tax Debt can happen to any of these celebrities, it can certainly happen to you, too!
- Thomas ‘Hitman’ Hearns debt to IRS was $450,000
- Ruben Studdard owes nearly $200,000 in state and federal taxes.
- Joe Francis spent 10 months in jail for tax evasion, paid $250,000 in back taxes.
- Nicolas Cage reportedly owes $14,000,000 in taxes.
- Jose Canseco reportedly owes the IRS more than $320,000 in back taxes.
- Alexis Stewart (Martha Stewart's daughter) reportedly owes $737,000 in taxes.
- Willie Nelson at one time owed the IRS $16.7M in back taxes.
- Richard Hatch (first survivor winner) went sentenced to 51 months in prison and
fined $600,000 for tax evasion.
- Leona Helmsley, served two years for tax evasion.
- Zsa Zsa Gabor, reportedly owes $118,000 in back taxes.
- Gisele Bundchen has a state of California tax lien filed against her for $72,003.
- Patti LaBelle, owes more than $337,000 in federal taxes.
- Val Kilmer, owes $538,858 in federal taxes.
- Sinbad, owes $8.15 million in taxes.
- Terrence Howard, owes $1.1 million in taxes.
- One of Steve Harvey’s companies (Wonder Love Inc.) owes more than $2.1 million in delinquent federal taxes.
- Toni Braxton owes $396,000 in delinquent federal taxes.
- Corey Feldman owes $30,996 in back taxes.