Filing your Tax Return, Which IRS Form do you Use?

Get Paid: You want your Tax Return. But if you don't file your taxes or file your taxes wrong, you're going to lose your money. Make sure you use the right tax form to file your IRS Tax Return.

Three forms?
There are three IRS Tax forms to choose from when you file your taxes, 1040EZ, 1040A and 1040. Here’s how to know which one is right for you.

Use the 1040EZ if:

• Your taxable income is below $100,000
• Your filing status is Single or Married Filing Jointly
• You (and spouse) are under age 65
• You are not claiming any dependents
• Your interest income is $1,500 or less

Use the 1040A if:

• Your taxable income is below $100,000
• You have capital gain distributions
• You claim certain tax credits
• You claim deductions for IRA contributions, student loan interest, educator expenses or higher education tuition and fees

If you cannot use the 1040EZ or the 1040A, you’ll probably need to file using the 1040. You must use the 1040 if:

• Your taxable income is $100,000 or more
• You claim itemized deductions
• You are reporting self-employment income
• You are reporting income from sale of property

Check Everything!
When you prepare your return, read the instructions carefully and double check everything when you’re done. You don’t want to delay your money, or worse, get in trouble with the IRS due to a simple mistake with tax filing.

Now You Have the Smoking Gun...Use it!